Monday, May 09, 2005

 

That's my Bush!

Yeah, I know this is an old story, but I recently had a discussion about this. So I thought I should put up the link here if anybody would be interested to listen to the Laura Bush speech at the annual WHCA dinner.

The blunt side of Bush
(Streamlined video here.)
(Streamlined audio here.)

Landon Parvin, Ronald Reagan's old speechwriter did produce a typical jokester-speech. But the question is of course if it was suitable for the First Lady's political image. Afterall, Laura Bush is not Ronald Reagan. Part of the transcript together with pictures can be found at Luc van Braekel's weblog here.


"She's no Lady, she's his wife"
And if you want to get into the heated debate over the First Lady's double standards you should read the posts on the subject by Michelle Malkin, The Volokh Conspiracy, Protein Wisdom, and InstaPunk.



<< Home
depeche mode tour 2005/2006