Wednesday, May 11, 2005

 

The Games We Play III

It didn't take long for a friend of mine to contact me about my lack of confidence in the Indian variations. So, thanks to the recommendation by DB here is a lesson (provided by Chesswise) by Grandmaster Michael Rohde on the King's Indian defense (1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 Bg7 4. Nf3 0-0) . But I still don't feel all too good about this. Fischer used to play King's Indian in his early teens and was able to beat reigning U.S. champion Donald Byrne in the championship game in 1963, but in his earlier games against Byrne he could only achieve 1/2-1/2. Which is kind of my point... I don't find the King's Indian all that solid if you're not a GM. But anyways, there it is. Play it yourself and e-mail me back and tell me what you think.



<< Home
depeche mode tour 2005/2006