Monday, September 05, 2005

 

How archy is an "arch-conservative"?

Swedish TT (the Swedish version of Associated Press) is a jolly bunch of sweet little name-callers. In their latest report, following the death of Chief Justice Rehnquist, John Roberts is labelled an "arch-conservative" (article in Swedish here). I have just one question - what is an arch-conservative, really? After having spent a little over a decade doing research on political philosophy I have never really encountered the term, other than as a buzz-word. It would be interesting to hear whether the staff at TT really have a definition. Just out of curiosity, I mean. How can I become one? Will I have to beat up my wife with the Bible every night? Or is it enough if I make the kids sing hymnals while I recite Edmund Burke?



<< Home
depeche mode tour 2005/2006