Tuesday, November 30, 2004

 

It's in the News

CBS Rather have replacement soon...

CBS looking longingly at Russert to replace Rather...

Rather says he spoke with Ed Murrow's ghost!
Dan Rather at CBS: 'Ed Murrow's ghost is here. I've seen him and talked to him on the third floor of this building many times late at night. And I can tell you that he's watching over us'...


NY Times vs. The White House: Brokaw gets into the fight

The Drudge Report:
Brokaw Astonished Over NYTimes Reporter Being Banned By White HouseTue Nov 30 2004 10:09:36 ETOutgoing NBC anchorman Tom Brokaw was asked on MSNBC's HARDBALL Monday if the Bush White House has been tough with the press corps, citing as an example of Dick Cheney stipulating no NEW YORK TIMES reporters on his trips. Brokaw said, "I think they have been too tough. "The idea that this White House has not given Tom Friedman a long, in-depth interview is astonishing to me. I have had a very good relationship with them, I have gotten to interview the President a lot. I have had access on the phone and other areas and I have been very vigorous in my discussions with them. But no reporter that I know covering national politics and the international policies that are of such great concern today know as much about them as Tom Friedman does and they have completely shut out the NEW YORK TIMES."

Scandals and messages

Kofi Annan's son involved in corruption allegations over UN's oil-for-food program. The U.N. General Secretary's son, Kojo Annan, has received paychecks (approx $2000 a month) from the Swiss company Cotecna which was involved in the U.N. Iraq initiative "oil for food".
Fred Eckhard, spokesperson for the General Secretary's office, says that Kofi Annan has had no connection with distributing contracts to companies and that the U.N. was unaware of Kojo Annan's involvement with Cotecna.

And at last... What we all knew would happen ... Tom Ridge is resigning.





<< Home
depeche mode tour 2005/2006